Tuesday 13 November 2012

BierCraft Bistro

Haven't written up a new pub in almost a month; and there's a very good reason for that.  I haven't been to any pubs!  It's been more of a hangout at friends places few weeks.  However, I couldn't resist the siren call of the beer keg forever, so here we go.

BierCraft Bistro.  I reviewed BierCraft's sister establishment three months ago.  A lot of what I said then still applies.  That said, they're two different places, and can't be treated as though they're interchangeable.  The big difference about the bistro is that it's, well, a bistro.  Or part of it is, anyway.  The building has an interesting layout that effectively splits it so that half the space is an upscale bar, and half is a nice restaurant.  Everything on the menu is available on both sides, but you certainly know which side you want to be on if you just want to grab a quiet beer.  It sounds weird, but the arrangement actually works quite nicely.

The big difference between the two places is the food menu.  Both places do nice tapas, but the bistro also does some really nice mains.  They have meal and prix fix options.  Normally it would be a bit out of my budget, but I used my birthday as an excuse to splurge a bit.  I had something called deconstructed lasagna.  The concept was a little strange, and if I were writing the menu, I probably would have just called it pasta, but there's no denying it was really good.  

Beer selection is the same as across town.  Lots of delicious, rotating taps with a heavily Belgian flair.  It's also one of very few places where I enjoy sitting at the bar.  The bar itself is big, and the barstools are quite comfy (a rarity).  It doesn't hurt that the staff is fairly liberal handing out samples.

Either BierCraft would do you well, but I like this one a little bit better.

No comments:

Post a Comment